As writers and creators, our mindset is our biggest asset.
How you think about yourself and your business matters.
It’s the basis for every action you take and every decision you make! (I didn’t mean for that to rhyme, but there it is!).
Your brain and body are powerful attractors because they are channels for running energy. You have way more control than you think when it comes to setting the stage for all you want to experience as a writer and creator.
But you need a roadmap!
Visualizing and mental rehearsal tell your brain what to focus on and help keep your thinking clear and specific.
Most of us fall back on learned neurological programs throughout the day so our brains can preserve energy. Having specific visualizations you can come back to will help raise your vibration and attract more aligned (and satisfying!) experiences to you.
The more you lay the groundwork for what you want to experience, the more you focus your attention on creating that scenario.
These visualizations are specifically designed to help writers, copywriters, and authors.
I’ve broken this down into categories so you have lots to choose from depending on what you write and the business you’re building.
Let’s dive in!
Try these 50 Visualizations to Attract More Abundance to Your Writing Business
If you’re publishing a book, e-book, or digital product:
- Visualize a buyer finding your book online or in a store and purchasing it
- Visualize your customers reading and enjoying your book or product
- Visualize a buyer telling their friend about your book or product and the influence spreading
- Visualize your editor or agent congratulating you on making The New York Times bestseller list
- Visualize yourself at a book signing with all your adoring fans
- Visualize your book or product being featured on a prominent website
- Visualize your bank account receiving money from the words you wrote
- Visualize all the emails you’re receiving telling you, “You got a sale!”
- Visualize your book or product showing up on Google searches
- Visualize your words being read by millions of people
If you’re a new writer:
- Visualize yourself publishing your first piece (and it going viral!)
- Visualize yourself getting paid to write your first piece of content
- Visualize yourself receiving help from more experienced writers
- Visualize yourself receiving praise for your work
- Repeatedly tell yourself throughout the day, “I am a writer!”
If you’re a copywriter:
- Visualize your work being indexed and ranked on Google
- Visualize your work being found when people do a search
- Visualize the work you do for your clients skyrocketing to the top results on Google
- Visualize website clicks from your blog posts and SEO
- Visualize Google’s search engines favoring your work and placing it higher in search results
- Visualize clients finding you easily
- Visualize yourself sending a huge invoice to a new client
- Visualize people referring clients to you
- Visualize someone saying, “Oh! I saw your article when I did a Google search!”
- Visualize being a top expert in your niche
If you’re an author:
- Visualize your book on display at a bookstore
- Visualize a line out the door at your book-signing
- Visualize being interviewed on the radio, TV, or podcast about your book
- Visualize your book being made into a movie or TV show
- Visualize receiving awards and praise for your book
If you’re a screenwriter:
- Visualize selling your script to a big studio
- Visualize being on set and hearing your words being spoken by actors
- Visualize shaking an executive’s hand while they tell you, “Congratulations!”
- Visualize actors studying their script containing your words
- Visualize winning awards for your script
- Visualize being asked to write another screenplay by people you admire and want to work with
- Visualize a table reading with actors bringing your words to life
- Visualize your agent telling you, “It’s green light!”
- Visualize walking into the premiere of your movie on opening night
- Visualize yourself holding your script in your hands and saying, “I did it!”
If you’re struggling as a writer:
- Visualize yourself receiving work “out of the blue”
- Visualize all the invisible help surrounding you
- Visualize yourself coming out of this current rut and accomplishing something creative you’re proud of
- Visualize yourself receiving a client referral
- Visualize yourself speaking on a panel or podcast resulting in new work
- Visualize yourself receiving help easily
- Visualize receiving a million-dollar idea and creating it
- Visualize yourself being paid for a piece of writing
- Visualize receiving emails asking for your help as a writer
- Visualize an article or blog you write going viral